Saturday, July 5, 2014

what a grand canyon i was!

Hello friends, I hope you all had a wonderful, family filled holiday yesterday! The day also marked my 30th birthday, and I happily celebrated it with hubby and the girls. Just a store bought cake to celebrate! Nothing too fancy.

 Its also time for a new sketch reveal over at LCOM today! We were asked to work with a fun sketch. At first my mind went straight to a project life spread, but I changed my mind and decided to create it into  layout!
Here is the fun sketch; and here is how I was inspired by it.
 
 
We had made a priority of stopping at the grand canyon on our move across country. I have been saving up these photos for the perfect project. I recently watched a class by Jill Sprott and she explained how she types on her projects. I loved the explanation, and gave it a try. I have always ,honestly , disliked my handwriting and always have a dislike of it on layouts, but was always too lazy and intimidated to print it out, but I love it so much better and plan to stick with this for now on! Another thing I overcame in this layout was my use of my handheld sewing machine on my layouts. I purchased a hand sewing machine somewhere around 5 years ago and was too nervous to use it on my projects, too afraid to mess up. I decided it was time to give in, and  I am glad I did.  It was just the touch this layout needed.
I hope you are inspired also and join us over at the blog. Link up for your chance at a prize!
Brianna

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! I hope you had a great one!! I loveeeeeee your page!! I loveeeeee the photos and the diecut background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!!!!! what a great page and love all the photos on the one LO!!! gorgeous and what a great memory, I hope to make it there one day!!!

    ReplyDelete